Monday, August 1, 2011

shelves

I have been browsing lots of blogs as of late and fund lots of inspiring things. My husband is starting to think I am crazy because of some of the things I say-like:hey I could use that dirty old broken box for decorating!
So when I we sold a pile of these at an auction I was really excited. There were a few good ones, and several that were REALLY dirty and a little broken. The good ones went higher than I wanted to go, but no matter, I like the broken ones just as well! So I got 4 dirty old boxes and a few "crazy lady" looks for just $1!

I brought them home, cleaned them, and put them in my guest bedroom as shelves!(I saw something like this on a blog somewhere. I'm sorry I don't remember where but If you do let me know!)

I have been making one of the bedrooms upstairs into a usable spare room because my sister and her family are coming to visit this summer. this is how one of the corners looked before:















This is how it looks with the shelves...


These were taken after I put the shelves together but before the room was finished so please forgive the other "stuff". I was pretty excited about how they turned out. I have never been a fan of doilies but have inherited some and gotten others at auction in a box. I just kept them around and never really used them until my recent inspiration from the blog world! Now I am really glad I have them!

No comments:

Post a Comment